Friday, June 28, 2013


G’Day music fans, once again music is on the brain and the center of this discussion for today. The weekend has come  upon us, and the wife was away at work, meaning I was to do the entire house cleaning for the weekend, GREATTTTT!?!? Looking so forward to this, not!

First of all, I hate cleaning on a beautiful sunny day off. There are so many other better things on a sunny Charleston afternoon that sound way better than staying in the house and doing chores. I noticed, before I clean, I have to find the right station on Pandora before I get motivated to do the tasks at hand.  The right music sets the mood. I personally have to have something with a fast beat/rhythm before I clean.

For instance, EDM (Electronic Dance Music) fits that bill. This music can be easily known as the “rave” music of 2013. Not exactly techno, a little more evolutionized, but it’s under the same primacy of techno.  I am a fan of this new, well to me at least, movement, though with doubt, the first time someone told me about EDM, I told them they “ were as high as a kite” and that I would probably never  listen to it, also that it wasn’t real music.  The music is often known as the music of the future, like from the famous movie “The Matrix”. And of course there are many different types of this EDM music, or commonly referred to as  DUB Step.

Boy oh Boy was I wrong? Skrillex and Big Gigantic were the first EDM shows I saw at Bonnaroo in 2012. Then to follow up, I saw Pretty Lights at the Township Auditorium in October. After attesting first hand, the music intrigued me, although it’s still not my most favorite only because after so much time at a show, the constant bass that drills at my head. At home it’s a little different; I don’t have such a hi-tech surround sound like at a show or concert.

However, this music is great for cleaning up. Most of the songs have no words, and are in constant rhythm with a switch up every now and then with the bass lines, amping you up! When cleaning and listening to the music, I guess the music changes me into a “Mindless machine” doing the repetitious task to complete the cleaning for the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment