Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pandora One, Is it really?


Those who have been following, or that know me, know I love listening to music and going to shows. In my mind a good show can equal out in total euphoria. Well I also listen to a lot of music driving from place to place, doing chores such as cleaning, or even cutting the grass. The regular radio, in my eyes, is a thing of the past. I cannot tell you the last time I listened to a regular radio station that was not talk radio. Pandora is what we listen to in my household (mostly).

So, I thought since I listen so much, why not become a subscriber to the station. Hell, I will get to listen to all the jams with no advertisements. Ain’t nobody got time fo that!! Anyways, plus it is only four dollars per month. That would equivocate to paying a dollar a week. Not a bad deal in my eyes, as of so far.

I will say, since becoming a paying member to this company, I would like to think that I would be able to change through any song I want, with no limit. WRONG! They still put a limit on how many skips one is allowed to use. Well, I guess I can understand it to a point, but come on 6 skips is all I get for one station that could possibly have a range of 20 years between artists played. That is super broad and can range over a thousand different artists in one genre.

I will have to say I think Pandora needs an update. For instance, maybe this is just me and me being computer illiterate. It is true, I am not the best with technology, however, I make-do with what I know how to use. But as far as I know, Pandora doesn’t allow you to make a playlist of the particular artists you want to listen to.

I have a variety of artists going from rap legends like WU-Tang, to a more low-key rapper such as “Del the Funkey Homosapian”, to more known rappers such as Kanye West, Jay-Z, and Eminem, to classic 90’s bands such as “No Doubt” and “Third Eye Blind”, and “Red Hot Chili Peppers “ classic 80’s with bands like the Talking Heads, to classic 70’s like “The Grateful Dead” , “Jimi Hendrix”, and Creedance Clearwater Revival. Look, the lists of Pandora stations under my name are not infinite, but there are a lot.

At times you’re more interested in a few artists maybe switch up like two or three genres while your completing whatever task or doing whatever it is your doing. However, Pandora does not allow you to make a playlist like such, they only provide a shuffle where it shuffles through every station well maybe not every but randomly goes through every station you have ever visited. Come on Pandora, get up to date, upgrade it up, you were the pioneers of streaming internet radio, and now you’re slipping to stay on top. It looks like this ole boy (me) is going to have to look into competitors such as Slacker Radio. I would hate to see Pandora Corporation become just as extinct as Blockbuster, although not out of business, but nowhere near the competitor it was in the 90’s and early 2000’s.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment